Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 35 minutes | Yield: 24
. 12 jalapeño peppers,
sliced in half
. 4.5 oz light cream cheese
. 1/4 red onion
. 2 oz shredded low fat cheddar
. 1/2 cup egg whites
. 1/2 cup panko crumbs
. 1/8 tsp paprika
. 1/8 tsp garlic powder
. 1/8 tsp chili powder
. 1 lime
. salt and fresh pepper
. spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
2. Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl.
3. Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
4. Dip peppers in egg beaters.
5. Place pepper in panko mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn't fall to the bottom of the bowl.
6. Spray a baking pan with oil spray.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out.
8. Squeeze lime juice and enjoy!
Adapted from Skinnytaste.com